Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital
Abigroup contracted Delta Group to design and deliver a large scale civil construction works program in Brisbane CBD for the $700m redevelopment of the Queensland Children’s Hospital.
Queensland Children’s Hospital Redevelopment
Our scope of works included:
- Demolition of existing 6 storey car park down to basement level.
- Bulk/detailed excavation works allowing for the construction of reinforced concrete foundations.
- Concrete infrastructure – slab preparation and construction, retention systems and lift core rafts.
- Construction of crane bases.
- Emissions, noise and vibration controls.
- Transport logistics, including traffic management and supervision.
- Site infrastructure – basement stormwater drainage systems.
- Site dewatering.
- Remediation of contaminated land.
With a site footprint covering 15.6 hectares the Lady Cilento Hospital redevelopment was one of Brisbane’s largest.
Other key achievements include:
- Bulk excavation of more than 170,00 cubic metres of spoil.
- 1,500 sqm of detailed earthworks.
- Spraying 7,000 sqm of shotcrete.
- 400 piles.
- 1,500 ground anchors.
- Capture and removal of more than 20,000t of contaminated material.