Western Sydney Stadium
Lendlease contracted Delta Group to design and deliver an integrated project management solution for the $330m redevelopment of Parramatta Stadium in Western Sydney.
Scope of Works:
- Site set up, including amenities, materials hoist, gantries and full height perimeter scaffold.
- Demolition of existing structures down to basement levels, including two concrete grandstands, concourse, amenities and offices, six steel light towers, as well as an adjacent Olympic Swimming & Diving Complex (and diving tower).
- Bulk/detailed excavation works, including the construction of reinforced concrete foundations, retention systems, lift core rafts and ground slabs.
- Removal and remediation of asbestos contaminated soil.
- Emission, noise and vibration controls.
- Transport logistics – including contaminated materials tracking and licensed vehicles as well as traffic management and supervision.
- Recycling of construction waste materials.
- Specialist services – archaeological studies, aborist and tree removal.
New Stadium Development
Urban, Public Infrastructure
Other key achievements include:
Grange management were heavily involved in supporting the Delta site team and in producing a meticulously planned and integrated works programme – designed to successfully complete all works on time, on budget and without incident, involving a series of unique civil construction. Construction of a containment cell in 300mm layers – down to 4m – to achieve the required compaction for pile mat and slabs. Due to contaminated soil, the containment cell was built up and covered in orange geofrabric. This process was repeated with clean fill to ensure compaction over the entire surface area. Sequence changes to accommodate the archaeological study allowed the installation of piles to commence as per the agreed works programme. This also led to the management of up to five multiple workfronts. Bulk excavation of 88,000 cubic metres -48,000 cubic metres of contaminated spoil plus 40,000 cubic metres of cleanfill. 25,000 sqm of pile mat – comprising 300mm sandstone and 100mm crushed concrete. 9,000 cubic metres of crane mat – comprising 500mm sandstone and 500mm crushed concrete. 700 trimmed piles. Detailed excavation of 9,000 cubic metres. FRP of 130 footings and 4 lift core bases.